Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo - A month in review

Dear friends:

This post effectively wraps this year's National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo). This time last year, I was pretty burned out and the best I could manage was a half-assed post about my beard looking terrible. This year, I'd like to think there is more to show than just a patchy quasi-beard. Early on, I set the goal of getting a significant amount of new short fiction out there. This was decided after a source very close to NOMENCLATURE advised that short fiction is where the money is, in terms of creative writing.

This month has provided:

The bread and butter of NOMENCLATURE was and always will be creative non-fiction and plenty came your way this month:

Assorted essays:


Though I am pretty exhausted after this month, it did feel really good to get back into writing again. I hope to post more frequently now -- though surely not at the rate of one post a day. I hope you all visit or revisit some of the work I've placed on here. Criticism is always welcome so please, let me know what is working and not working.

Thank you to everyone who stuck with me through this. In particular -- Alex, Charles, Kate, Ted, Mike Sokol. Thanks to all readers!

Have a great December, all!

Best,

--dB

PS: For the record, my beard, as of 11/30 (You were right about the cat, Kate):




2 comments:

C. Edgar Parsons said...

I'd like to know who this source is. I totally agree with s/he about short-fiction, and think that we'd be very happy together.

MikeS said...

Indeed, my friend, glad to see you back in the swing of writing regularly. You're an artist with words and stories. Keep it up.

Oh, by the way, the cake is pretty bitchin.